qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:34:11 +0100

"Jim C. Brown" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 07:08:12PM +0100, Martin Moeller wrote:
>> Fredag den 18. februar 2005 13:29 skrev Heike C. Zimmerer:
>> >[...]
>> > One smaller problem: I'm using Gnome and thus esd for sound output.  I
>> > can get no output while esd is running.  If I'm trying the fmod
>> > library, there is some sound, but it is garbled.  Has anybody tried to
>> > get sound using esd work?
>> >
>> Just wondering: Have you tried esddsp qemu -hda ... ?
>> It works (or used to) quite well for rdesktop, for instance.
>>
>> /Martin.
>
> This doesnt seem to work with the default OSS sound driver. You'll
> probably have to use the SDL audio driver to make this work.

Yes, that's been my idea too when I had a closer look at the problem.
The qemu configure script however enables OSS for Linux hosts.

I include a (very small) simple patch to add a --disable-oss option to
configure.  Also, libsdl in a version matching the sound daemon (esd
for GNOME, aRts for KDE) must have been installed.  This works for
small sound samples like the Windows and GNOME system sounds.  I'm
getting dropouts with samples longer than a few seconds. YMMV.