qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu benchmarks versus VMWare 5.0

From: Matthew Mastracci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu benchmarks versus VMWare 5.0
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:10:38 -0700

I ran QEMU+kqemu against VMWare 5.0 using the SiSoft Sandra benchmark and got some surprising numbers. I don't know if the VMWare 5.0 beta's debugging is getting in the way of its emulation numbers, but it seems like QEMU is ahead of the pack here in terms of raw instruction throughput (higher is better):

VMWare:
Integer: 13725 it/s
Floating Point: 14580 it/s

QEMU+kqemu:
Integer: 14991 it/s
Floating Point: 15949 it/s

Note that VMWare feels much smoother - most likely due to its more advanced video and mouse drivers.

Congrats!
Matt.