qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu vs Standard

From: Darryl Dixon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu vs Standard
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:18:46 +1300

That's just the natural effect of the Speedstep technology throttling back the cpu to lower heat because you aren't using many cpu cycles at the moment (you aren't pushing your laptop very hard :).  If you were to do something like, say, compile Wine, and while it is compiling cat /proc/cpuinfo, you would see that the speed is up at 1800MHz.

Cheers,

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:55 -0800, Jason Brittain wrote:
Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Jason Brittain wrote:
>
>>Here's my real (laptop) hardware's CPU info:
>># cat /proc/cpuinfo
>>processor       : 0
>>vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>>cpu family      : 6
>>model           : 13
>>model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.80GHz
>>stepping        : 6
>>cpu MHz         : 599.679
>
> I just wonder, but do you usually work with CPU clocked-down? Or have you
> tested running on battery?

Interesting!  I wrote the email about all this while riding to work on
the subway.  So, when I did the "cat /proc/cpuinfo", I was indeed running
on battery power.  But, currently, I'm not, and still says the same thing.

Anyone know what the deal is with that?  Is that an accurate number
saying that my cpu is throttled down?  Could I make it run faster then?
Hmmmm..

--
Darryl Dixon <address@hidden>