qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The QEMU Accelerator Module
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:05:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:23:59AM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > (...) Please consider that
> > the same these vendors do for many other applications, even core like
> > kernel, gcc, binutils, wine/crossover (which is even wholy proprietary)
> > and such.
>
> I do not see what Wine (fully LGPL'ed and without any - that I know of -
> Linux distribution sponsors) and CrossOver (which is not wholly proprietary
> as 95 % of the code is pure LGPL'ed Wine code and that, except for some
> packagings deals, is only paid for by CodeWeavers itself) does in this list
> :-)

It was my impression that if you like to have SuSE distro with CrossOver,
you have to buy some kind of SuSE product/cd/dvd instead of just do plain
ftp install. From this I've wrongly assumed that CrossOver is proprietary,
sorry for that mistake and thanks for the clarification.

Anyway, if it is (L)GPL, then even better, since then you are in the same
situation like with kernel/gcc/binutils which are also sponsored by
someone/someparty and which approach probably Fabrice would like to apply
to Qemu too. :-)

Thanks,
Karel
--