qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] amd64 progress

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] amd64 progress
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:51:57 +0100

Matthew Daniel wrote:

I've tried installing the WinXP 64-bit preview under QEMU/x64 on
Win32. At first I had to add a little hack - hardcoded ACPI table
- to enable the setup loader to recognize the local APIC.
Is this change committed to CVS or if not may I ask to see it?

It's a hack and as such it can't really be commited to CVS. The code is attached.

Bochs has
the same problem as my CVS qemu and (at least according to their mailing
list) they are stumped about how to get around this issue.
I've made a similar hack to Bochs while testing... I do not intend to share the source since it's even uglyier than the QEMU one, sorry. With the hack Win64 under Bochs get about to the same point as in QEMU. There seem to be some problems with segment limit checks in the x86-64 mode, but I haven't tried to investigate it further...

Regards,
Filip