qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: Adding Maverick FPU support

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM: Adding Maverick FPU support
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:00:31 +0000

On Friday 04 February 2005 19:08, Jason McMullan wrote:
> So, I'm working on an emulation environment for the Cirrus Logic EP93xx
> processors with the Maverick Crunch(tm) FPUs.
>
> What files do I need to touch to add support for these instructions?

At minimum target-arm/op.c, target-arm/translate.c, and target-arm/cpu.h.

Note that that FPA is implemented differently. I uses the same emulator as the
linux kernel, hooked up to the undefined instruction interrupt. I wouldn't
advise doing this as performance is really awful. It's approximately 2x
slower than target soft-float, and I guess about 20x slower than a native
implementation.

Paul