qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse freeze (related to new wheel mouse support?)

From: Lee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mouse freeze (related to new wheel mouse support?)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:56:05 -0600 (CST)

To let everyone know,

Before adding these modifications, I have noticed the mouse in windows
2000 and windows nt (after the reboot, during installation) to act
improperly, almost as if you can disconnected the mouse and reconnected
it.

> I guess Windows 2000 enables the wheel mouse feature and the wheel is
> usable
> and after rebooting the device ID is wrong. I think the mouse type is
> affected by the mouse reset function (0xff). Please add this line in
> pckbd.c
> in the AUX_RESET section and let us know what happens:
>
> s->mouse_type = 0;

I applied this line to the AUX_RESET section as well as the
AUX_SET_DEFAULT section, and it seems to work just fine now (in nt4,
havent tested w2k yet)

--
Lee
address@hidden