qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu varying performance

From: Daniel Egger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu varying performance
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:49:27 +0100

On 26.01.2005, at 14:34, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

I noticed something like this, too. I think the reason lies within SDL.
Could you try the same programs, but with rfb as displaying end (just
close the viewer for a while and check if QEmu was lower, too)?

The rfb patch (version 9 that is) does not apply cleanly against
current CVS; it clashes badly with the new keyboard stuff. Also it
does not compile cleanly on Debian (sarge) because some of the
elements of IIRC the rfbServer structure have a different name.

After resolving the issues it segfaults when starting up with -vnc
because of the keyboard stuff and I comment that part out it cannot
allocate an rfbServer structure (i.e. the initialisation call
returns 0) and I haven't had the time yet to figure out why....

Servus,
      Daniel