qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio distortion

From: Jan Paul Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio distortion
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:25:15 +0100

Am 20.01.2005 um 00:39 schrieb Magnus Damm:

Hello,

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:59:29 +0100, Jan Paul Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Someone knows this problem?

Yeah, I have notived it while playing "Caesar 3" under Win98.

Someone working on it?

Not me. =)

Is it PPC specific?

I experienced it on a x86 host a few days ago with up to date CVS.  I
would love to try out things on my PPC host, but PPC host support for
Linux is badly broken in CVS right now.

So it sounds like it is not PPC host specific.

I compared CVS with 0.6.1. hw/sb16.c did not change and the only thing in audio/ that changed slightly is audio.c, audio_int.h and noaudio.c. But they don't look like they would fix the problem.

I'm guessing that the problem lies in the mixing engine but I did not find anything up to now. I hardly remember a problem in the rate conversion code in SoX and as Qemu uses a modified version of this, maybe the problem lies here?

jps