qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] installing windows 98 from cdrom - possible fix

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: [Qemu-devel] installing windows 98 from cdrom - possible fix
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:22:35 +0100

Hello,

I have been trying to install windows 98 from cdrom but I run into
some problems related to cdrom boot. The following thread mentioned
boot from floppy as a workaround:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-05/msg00173.html

However, I played around a bit and had a look at recent changes in the
bochs bios, and yes - someone has commited code that might solve this
specific problem:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bochs/bochs/bios/rombios.c?r1=1.123&r2=1.124

If someone could update the bios with the above change then I would be
happy to test if the change solved this specific problem.

Thanks.

/ magnus