qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Patch: virtual vfat support
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:55:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Andreas Bollhalder wrote:

> D:\TEST\QEMU\qemu.exe -L . -localtime -m 32 -isa -cirrusvga -user-net
> -enable-audio -boot c -fda bbe-fd.img -hda bbe-hd.dsk -hdb
> vvfat:/TEMP/2
>
> The directory "/TEMP/2" is in the D: drive. It works fine with FreeDOS
> Beta9. Unfortunatly, I can't change the path to another drive
> (partition).
>
> I tried
>
> /D/TEST/2
> D:\TEST\2
> /D:/TEST/2

Of course this doesn't work. As D:\ is already the host directory /TEMP/2,
you would try to change to /TEMP/2/TEMP/2 with this command.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by "another drive" and "partition"? The
VVFAT driver transparently builds a hard disk image for your host
directory, which behaves like a drive inside QEmu, having exactly one
partition with a VFAT file system.

BTW(2), if anybody has suggestions for a better name, please tell so.

Hth,
Dscho