qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: SuSEimage from FreeOSZoo

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: SuSEimage from FreeOSZoo
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:04:35 +0100

Le Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:01:49 +0000, Del Monte a écrit :

> Is the SuSE 9.1 image currently available on FreeOSZoo ok? I get weird
> problems trying to use it with Qemu on XP (which may be where the real
> problem is, maybe)
>
> I come to the point where I am logged in as root, but then it seems parts
> of the filesystem is missing. It cannot run Sax2, due to files needed by
> it not available (input/output error), and trying to navigate there in the
> file tree gives similar response. I SEE the directory names, but cannot cd
> to them.
>
> And it definitely does not start by gining me someconfiration options, as
> said on the web page. I just get a prompt
>
> I use Qemu-menu, and changed only the RAM setting to 256. The Quem verion
> is the windows 0.6.1 version. I run it on a 3.06GHz P4, with 512MB RAM and
> XP SP2
>
> Anyone got a clue?
>
> Regards /jeff

I have been able to use this image with qemu under linux, it seems ok to
me. The yast thing where config options are asked show up as mentionned,
I didn't go to the point where I obtain a desktop though because it's very
slow. Failsafe works too.
Qemu on XP sp2 is reported to work,
(at least by one user, see
http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150), so the problem
don't seems to be the host neither the image.
Sorry, I know this does'nt help you a lot, but that's all I can report.