qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block chaining question

From: Shivkumar Shivaji
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block chaining question
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:16:49 -0800

Where is conditional block chaining done? Which files? Thought it would be easier to ask!

Thanks, Shivkumar Shivaji

On 30-Nov-04, at 2:40 PM, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

Shivkumar Shivaji wrote:
Hi,
I have done a quick perusal of the code. I was wondering if block chaining is performed for conditional jumps? If I want to implement such a feature would it have to be done in dyngen? I saw references to __op_jmp and cond_jump. However, there does not seem to be chaining based on conditional jumps. Am I right?

Block chaining is done on conditional jumps too, but it could be more optimised with more host specific assembly code.

Fabrice.