qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows CE QEMU Port (PocketPC 2003, ARM CPU)

From: mamaich
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows CE QEMU Port (PocketPC 2003, ARM CPU)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:28:53 +0300 (MSK)

I\'m working on QEMU port for PocketPC. Dyngen module is
now finished
and QEMU can boot. Screenshots:
http://mamaich.kasone.com/ppc/CEZoom4.gif and
http://mamaich.kasone.com/ppc/CEZoom5.gif
The emulated speed is very high.

Currently I have two problems. The first one is that Norton
Diagnostics 8.0 running under QEMU shows errors on
memory test. The
same is true also for Windows version of QEMU, so this
may be a bug
in QEMU 0.6.1 or in NU8.

The second - QEMU sometimes crashes in random places.
Is there anyone
familiar with ARM CPU or Windows CE internals who can
help me in
debugging? I\'ve implemented my own version of
flush_icache_range, it
calls undocumented CacheRangeFlush() function, so this
should not be
the cause. QEMU never crashes when logging is enabled,
so I can\'t
catch it :(

And I\'ve noticed one strange thing. Nbench Fourier test
running
natively on my device gives 12.655 iterations/sec, but
under QEMU
running linux it is about 5 times faster (71
iterations/sec)! How
this can be? All other tests behave as expected,
emulated speed is
4-6 times slower than native. Maybe this is due to bugs
in floating point emulation?
Is there a test for floating point that can be run from
DOS?

My device is i-Mate PocketPC, 400Mhz, 128 Ram, Pocket
PC 2003 OS.