qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:38:12 +0100

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 14:41, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. November 2004 13:46 schrieb Andreu Escudero:
> > Seems absurd to me...
> > Haw will you now if a byte comes from a "trusted source"?
>
> I can´t say for sure, whether a byte comes from a trusted source.
> But I have a way so say for sure where an evil byte comes from.

So, you mean that each input device in the system emulator could be
marked as trusted or untrusted, and the data from untrusted input
sources is kept track of. Any calculations that use untrusted in-data
results in untrusted out-data. But then what do we do with the all the
untrusted data? Refuse to store it? Or just limit the network bandwidth
for untrusted data to cope with worms?

/ magnus