qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] windows98 can't see a cdrom

From: Ross Melin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] windows98 can't see a cdrom
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:48:31 -0800

Hi all,
I'm using v.0.6.1 installed from the mandrake rpm. When I boot from a vmdk
image win98 install the vm boots but doesn't recognize a cdrom. It seems to
make no difference if I declare a device or an iso image. Using the monitor
to "change cdrom test.iso" or anything else also makes no difference.

I thought maybe it was an issue with the vmdk image so I installed win98 from
scratch on a raw disk image. The install went smoothly until time to run
windows for the first time. Then again windows could not see a cdrom.

Is this a known bug? Or perhaps a problem with my configuration?
I will gladly provide any debug information that will help.

Best regards,

Ross Melin