qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMUMenu v20041121 is out & GUI thoughts

From: Garth Dahlstrom
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMUMenu v20041121 is out & GUI thoughts
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 05:34:55 -0500

QEMUMenu v20041121 is now available at http://stacktrace.org/

qemu-img replaces mkqemuimage, Network Options sub menu
Fixed:

    * Fixed problem with ! in directories
    * Replaced mkqemuimage with qemu-img
    * Validate Max memory setting less then 4096MB

Enhancements:

    * Added Network Settings sub menu
    * Displays a message if there are no disk images
    * Changed main menu key layout for network settings

-
There is some menuing there for the other disk image types, but it
seems 0.6.1 on Win32 is not capable of loading any other format other
then 'raw' right now... so the other options are hidden.

There is new networking menu... I'm not too sure what options actually
work under Win32 host for networking, so I've just put in port
redirection "-redir"...

I'm also starting to think about a doing a proper gui for qemu... any
thoughts whether QEMU could be made to embed it's SDL layer in a form?

Perhaps embed python into qemu and then invoke it passing the handle
to the SDL layer, like
http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/IntegratingPyGame ??   comments?

Cheers,

-Garth