qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about softmmu

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about softmmu
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 08:15:02 +0100

Hi,

I'm also suspecting the flushes cause problems in the Sparc system emulator. I don't fully understand the difference between various flushes available and what is being issued. For example:

1. CPU issues flush instructions to synch I/D caches: NOP?
2. MMU table changes: flush what, TLBs?
3. MMU translation cache flushes: NOP?
4. HW-issued memory access changes memory contents including code, flush TBs?

There is also a problem with GDB breakpoints, the debug instructions added for the breakpoint aren't removed when deleting the breakpoint. TB invalidate is called, but that doesn't work?

About your question, perhaps Qemu should track MMU tables like it does for self-modifying code.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/