qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU newbie : disk access slowness

From: Matthew Frederico
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU newbie : disk access slowness
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:33:36 -0600

So QEMU rocks as far as cpu emulation is concerned... however, I am
wondering if I am doing something wrong, or can do something different
about disk access..

My host machine is FC3t3, and my qemu version is CVS (6.1) as of 10-26-2004...

I've been able to install both WIN98 and WinXP just fine, but
accessing the hard drive is sluggish at best.  CD-ROM appears to be
close to native.

Anybody have any pointers or tips as fars speeding up my hard disk
access with QEMU?

Regards,

--
-- Matthew Frederico