qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-snapshot-2004-10-27_23

From: zitu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-snapshot-2004-10-27_23
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:04:55 +0200

Quoting André Braga <address@hidden>:
> It's not F2, it's the regular "2" key on the numeric row :)

Thanks. I can see the console now :)

> Is there *any* chance that you have an unaccelerated video card on
> your computer? AFAICT, control-alt-f used to fail on Windows because
> hardware surfaces were not locked before acquisition by SDL; changing
> them to software surfaces naturally worked fine.

how do I tell if it's accelerated ? The official windows binaries v0.6
allow full screen without crash. The last snapshot precompiled by
somebody else (with the nice Q icon) was still crashing when I last
checked it on 1st of Oct. My own compilation doesn't crash, but the
code could have changed since 1st oct too...

> However I have not seen sdl.c changed at all in this aspect
> (line 59:  flags = SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_ASYNCBLIT|SDL_HWACCEL;)

That's in the snapshot. It's compiled. It doesn't crash with my latest
binaries. :)))

> What version of SDL are you using? 1.2.7?

yes. Compiled directly from SDL-1.2.7.tar.gz, no hacks. Just pumped in
some CFLAGS to speed up SDL. The mouse and some graphical routines
feel much faster now :)

CFLAGS was '-O3 -march=pentium3 -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops
-funsafe-math-optimizations -mfpmath=sse -mmmx -msse -msse2
-maccumulate-outgoing-args -mno-push-args -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe'

Hope it helps... :)

Zitu