qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NT 4 status

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NT 4 status
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:51:11 +0200

Hi,

I just tried the latest cvs with 2GB virtual disk, and here's the status:

1. At first install it seems to go everything ok (No parameters when launching qemu, just the -cdrom iso image name -hda for the hard disk image). However, upon finishing install and rebooting (quitting qemu, removing the -boot parameter) it's just says "booting from hard disk" and its just sits there idle.

2. Trying to re-install NT on the same partition without any paramaters change in QEMU - and it shows that the virtual disk has more then 1024 cylinders and it warns you..

3. Using -isa gives you the ability to install, but upon finishing - it's trying to boot the new hard disk but gives an I/O error at the boot beginning...

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Hetz