qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU won't load QCOW images under Windows

From: André Braga
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU won't load QCOW images under Windows
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:42:37 -0300

The title says it all. If I try to start QEMU with a qcow image passed
as an argument to -hda , the emulator won't load. If I pass a raw
image instead, it works perfectly.

Wasn't QCOW supposed to address exactly a problem regarding Windows
and the lack of support for holes in the filesystem?

Any clues? Is there a strace equivalent for Windows so I can at least
try to track the problem down? (I'm not really fond of the mingw gdb
port, mind you...)

--
"A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God"
Alan J. Perlis