qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:42:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Karl Magdsick wrote:

> At the time I stopped using the Indy machine, Debian used the 32-bit
> MIPS kernels.  I'm not sure if this has changed recently.  Is the MIPS
> port for 64-bit or 32-bit MIPS?

It's 32-bit. I am using it on a 64-bit IRIX, though. It just was easier
that way.

> In any case, the MIPS port of QEMU looks really cool.  Thanks for all
> the hard work!  About how many hours did it take to port QEMU to MIPS?

Looking into my archive, I think I started it about Sept 9th, about 50-60
hours. Though I hope that my documentation will reduce that drastically
for similar efforts.

If you undust your Indy, could you try to compile it on Linux? After all,
I am running IRIX on my machines, and my gcc uses SGI's assembler, linker
and all.

Ciao,
Dscho