qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:57:18 +0200

Thank you for the mips port and the documentation. Just one remark before merging your patch: could you distinguish the IRIX specific parts from the mips specific ones ? I saw you used '#ifdef __mips__' at places where it may be in fact IRIX specific code.

Another note: for MIPS, using an alternate (embedded ?) ABI may give simpler code for op.o, in particular for the 'op parameters' and for the function calls. Did you look at this ?

I can add your documentation in a new doc/ directory in QEMU. Do you have other ideas ?

Fabrice.

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

I just ran Linux in QEmu on IRIX(mips) for the first time! The patch is
attached. The other attachment is my documentation, which you might find
helpful, if only to understand how QEmu works. It consists of three parts:
Detailed explanation of dynamic translation, a HOWTO port to a new host,
and a loose collection of problems I encountered/solved.

Ciao,
Dscho