qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] pciproxy

From: Gianni Tedesco
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] pciproxy
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:20:17 +0100

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 14:27 +0200, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> I haven´t looked a the Linux-Host part of pciproxy deeply yet, and I am
> wondering whether it would be possible to have it as a module?

It would be possible strictly, but whats the point? to compile a module
you need to have the current kernel sources anyway...

Anyway, the kernel part needs some fixing to make the PCI nodes pollable
for IRQs and just use the standard SIGIO mechanism for async
notification.

Once that is done I could make a module version of it that will provide
a character device that allows any kind of IRQ signalling to a
sufficiently privileged task. The only problem here will be in systems
that support reconfiguration of PCI IRQs on the fly, but we can probably
just ignore that case.

PS. You didn't mention what you are actually using the code for?

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import