qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Attitute and Predisposition of the List & newbie docume

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Attitute and Predisposition of the List & newbie documets
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:38:09 +0200

Hello Thomas,

> 1.  People really don't like newcomers on this list.

Is that so? I think people seem to be pretty nice to each other here,
but I might have been reading too much mplayer-dev-eng OTOH.

> 2.  QEMU-USERS would be great, if it actually worked.

Is the list broken? Or is no one answering? I think that we need to
separate these things. I am not subscribed to that list, mainly because
I'm more interested in the development part. If the list is broken then
someone should fix it.

> 3.  QEMU is rather DIFFICULT to use.

I think that depends on what you want to do. It is quite easy to just
boot a DOS floppy compared to have a fully networked guest OS. I
personally believe that the networking part is very tricky with
different modes and their pros and cons.

> 4.  I am compiling a list of my difficulties, and will be writing
> documentation to help people setting qemu for the first time.

Great! Hopefully this will attract more non-developers that can share
their experience with each other.

Thanks!

/ magnus