qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris9 issues on today CVS sources.

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris9 issues on today CVS sources.
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 00:00:53 +0200

Disable the emulated pci.
Try '-isa' .

Maybe this will help.
Please report your results.

Martin

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Karel Gardas wrote:

Hello,

I've been able to use Solaris9 on qemu 0.5.5, but I have tried to update
to the latest (today) sources and found that the kernel does not boot
anymore. It is loaded, but then when it touch disc it prints:

WARNING: /address@hidden,0/pci-ide/@1,1/address@hidden/address@hidden,0 (Disk
0):
        Error for command 'read sector' Error Level: Informational
        Sense Key: aborted command
        Vendor 'Gen-ATA ' error code: 0x3
WARNING: /address@hidden,0/pci-ide/@1,1/address@hidden (ata0):
        timeout: reset target, target=0 lun=0

and this is repeated several times, till kernel boots again.

BTW: Reading changelog for 0.6.1, I've found this:

  - New block device layer

does this mean that the old mkcow images are not longer supported?

They should work except if there is a bug. Try with a raw image. Otherwise it is a recent change in the IDE driver.

Fabrice.