qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] pcap-based networking?

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] pcap-based networking?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:48:45 -0700

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 10:19, Mike Tremoulet wrote:

> True.  That's a better way to say it - can I have a TUN/TAP
> alternative that runs on Windows?  It wouldn't be zero-config, but the
> config could be minimal - install a TAP adapter, enable Internet
> Connection Sharing, and point QEMU at the TAP interface.

For windows, w/ admin rights, it looks like your solution is probably
the way to do it.

Probably you should make an installer too that can set up pcap on
windows along with QEMU. That would answer the difficulty of install
question effectively (although not the admin issue). Maybe you should
team up with one of the folks producing windows gui front end to QEMU...
search the archives, I think there are a few out there.

-- John