qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] problems getting started with qemu on OS X

From: Hammer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] problems getting started with qemu on OS X
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:31:08 -0500

I have downloaded qemu .0.6.0 for Mac OS X and installed and I have downloaded a Mandrake and SUSE images from freeoszoo to no avail. Each time I start qemu the script gets to a point and then errors start to occur. I'm getting a kernel panic with both images. Below is the text for the Mandrake disk, however the SUSE disk try ended with the same last line. Any help would be appreciated.

Mounting root filesystem
mount: error 6 mounting ext3 flags defaults
well, retrying without the option flags
 error 6 mounting ext3
well, retrying read-only without any flag
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
remounting devfs at correct place if necessary
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 272k freed
kernel panic: No init Found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.