qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] W98 Host & Network

From: qemu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] W98 Host & Network
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:51:09 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I spent some time with Bochs getting it all running the way I want to be able
to web site testing with various OS/browser installs.  It's always been a bit
on the slow side so I took a look at Qemu and, after figuring out I needed a
full path to the BIOS file, got it working.

I like what I see (and how fast I see it) and have been using it to test
various custom builds of Ultimate Boot CD, Knoppix, etc.  I've come to the
point where I want to start using HDD images & do network testing but when I
try using Bart's Network Boot Disk (off of the Ultimate Boot CD v2.4) I get
various "hardware" related errors whether I use either of the automatically
detected NICs or a manual selection of the NE2000.

I'm trying to determine if it's a Qemu or Bart's Network Boot Disk issue.
Anybody have any suggestions or similar experiences?

Thanks.

   Jon-Mikel