qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] compiling fails, at least one little thing to fix in source

From: Marcello 'R.D.O.' Magnifico
Subject: [Qemu-devel] compiling fails, at least one little thing to fix in sources
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:36:01 +0200

Hi all,
I'm trying to compile 0.6.0 official sources from the main site, on a Red Hat 7.3, having seen in the docs that it should have the right tools for the job. GCC complains very shortly about a couple of const and char definitions in vmdk2raw.c and the making stops. Moving definitions up to the beginning of the functions they belong to, seems solving. Have already seen that with sources from different projects, this might be a GCC backport issue, but I remember having seen that on a RH7.2, too. Anyway, I believe this bug should be fixed in the official sources.
But, after that, there is another blocking trouble:
cpu-exec.c:528: more than 10 operands in `asm'.
Anyone has the clue? for this time I don't. Maybe this might open the road to get an even more portable official code, dunno. Too bad I'm no real C programmer, just poking around for fun.

        yo,
        RDO