qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Help with tun/tap with qemu

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Help with tun/tap with qemu
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:50:22 +0200

So I am trying TUN/TAP.  The guest and host OS can ping each other.
However, the guest OS cannot ping any other host

If the setup on Linux is any similar to that on FreeBSD (and I am sure it is), the problem probably is routing. The guest and host are on different networks. So, you need to tell your host to forward packets to and from the guest's network. You didn't have that problem in slirp, because slirp bridges between the two networks for you, it implicitly does the forwarding.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to add the route under Linux due to my lack of experience with that platform.

- Bartosz