qemu-devel

RESOLVED: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host

From: Mike Tremoulet
Subject: RESOLVED: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:48:28 -0500

It's working now.

What I learned from this is that, as you said, slirp essentially set
up a NAT behind 10.0.2.2.  However, this was not resolving until I
changed the /etc/resolv.conf on the Gentoo guest to point at
192.168.0.1.  (It was originally set for 10.0.2.3)

I think that, unless slirp is doing something I don't know about, that
qemu is using the TAP-Win32 adapter on my host machine, which is set
through Windows internet connection sharing (ICS) to go through my
ethernet adapter.  I'm not seeing traffic on the TAP adapter, though,
but nothing else I know of has an IP of 192.168.0.1.

Setting the resolv.conf got me network name resolution, and a test of
wget showed connectivity to the outside world.

I will be writing this up - that was too much effort not to share.
What is the best place for that writeup?  And are there any more
details or answers to the original questions about qemu's interaction
with a windows host?

Thanks,
-- Mike