qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU on PowerBook 1.33 512MB FireWire img

From: Alex Lau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on PowerBook 1.33 512MB FireWire img
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 02:19:43 +0800

I know it is kind of crazy but I have use USB and FireWire
to install Linux ( full distribution ) on a USB and a FireWire
driver with some trick... it however take me more then 8 hours
to get that done :) and I figure my PowerPC G4 1.33 could
emulated a 40 Bogomips calculation speed... should it be better?
I'm just wondering because I'm using the same image with
the same firewire on linux on a P1.1 Q20 samsung 768MB it is
running 1050 bogomips.. I know after emulation PPC should
work less effective then x86 ... but just what make it get close
to 25+ times different :)
Anyway... just for fun and see it actually could be done :)
I also running PPC-Linux with mol (mac on linux ) with
give wonderferful result :) ( I know there is different ) just
to let everybody know if I can install linux on top of osx instead
of the other way around that will be great too :) because it is
unusable right now .. even using twm or console :)
Thanks

AvengerMoJo