qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98

From: Joe Menola
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:51:04 -0500

On Mon July 26 2004 4:06 pm, malc wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Joe Menola wrote:

> > > Let's try that again:
> > > $ cd /cvs/qemu
> > > $ patch </path/to/patch/oss.c.patch
> >
> > Ok, that patches cleanly.
> >
> > Quick install/test...
> >
> > With arts disabled, Win98 behaves the same. WinXP now produces a short
> > bleep instead of playing the proper wave files. But does not crash any
> > more. Will play with it more this evening.
>
> If behaves the same implies crashes then i am very surprised.

No, Win98 never had issues with crashing. It simply produced no sound. Which
it still doesn't, but it trys. But as before, it just sits in play mode going
no where until it's manually stopped.

WinXP was the one crashing on 2nd sound event, it no longer crashes but wave
files produce only "beeps n blips" not the proper sounds.

I wanted to try playing a cd, but you guys stole my qemu monitor so I can't
"change cdrom" lol. And qemu wont boot with a music cd in drive.
How do I get it back?

-jm