qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: winblows 2k on OSX?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: winblows 2k on OSX?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:24:08 -0700

Jason <address@hidden> writes:

> a friend just turned me onto the qemu and I have it installed on my powerbook
> running OSX. Ive run the sample linux and dos images, but how would I go
> about
> installing win2k from CD?

Create a disk image, e.g. w2k.img, then boot Windows 2k from the
CD, e.g.:
        qemu w2k.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d
I don't know what the name of the OS X CD-ROM device is; the
above assumes /dev/cdrom.

After install finishes, you should be able to boot directly from
the disk image, e.g.
        qemu w2k.img
--
"Debian for hackers, Red Hat for suits, Slackware for loons."
--CmdrTaco <URL:http://slashdot.org/articles/99/03/22/0928207.shtml>