qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Support Windows NT 4

From: Sylvain Petreolle
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] Support Windows NT 4
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:17:11 +0200 (CEST)

It appears Windows NT 4 Workstation wants 122 Mb to install,
but fails unless you give a 124 Mb image to qemu.
I tried successively 122 and 123 Mb and got everytime an error message
saying the disk was too small.
(though the disk size was computed correctly)

--- Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> a écrit :
> The following patch allows the CVS version of qemu to install and
> boot Windows NT 4, as long as the `-isa' flag is used.  Without
> the patch, trying to install NT 4 will fail because no hard disk
> will be detected.  Almost unbelievably, NT 4 won't detect a hard
> drive unless the CMOS RAM says that it is there.
>
> Even with this fix, WNT4 can't see the hard drives if PCI support
> is turned on.  There must be something else to track down too.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels

"You believe it's the year 1984, when in fact, its closer to 2184"1984 / Matrix

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo!
Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com