qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC for new features

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC for new features
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:36:44 -0400

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 07:54:46PM +0100, Antony T Curtis wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 19:14, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As porting the SDL version to other OSes than Linux seems to become an
> > important issue, I plan to add the following features in the next days:
> >
> > - Virtual console handled by SDL (Ctrl-Shift-F1 to get the guest screen,
> > Ctrl-Shift-F2 to get the monitor shell, and maybe Ctrl-Shift-F3 for
> > various logs).
>
> sounds nice ... but there are a number of benefits with having the
> monitor shell as is...

I agree. Perhaps on Linux this could be optional (i.e. with '-console-monitor'
you get the old monitor, but on hosts that dont support those (i.e. Windows)
that option would be ignored).

> > - Config file support (syntax: qemu mypc.qmu)
>
> It would be a nice feature if the hw devices can be dynamically loaded
> and 'installed' as per the config file.

Yes. I have a script that gives qemu config file support, but all it does is
wrap the command line parameters. (It is still very useful and I'll probably
keep it alive since it has a few things in it that qemu prolly wont, such as
support for using vdeq.)