qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems installing Windows XP

From: Jan Dittmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems installing Windows XP
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:35:38 +0200

Joe Menola wrote:
On Sun July 4 2004 5:12 am, Jan Dittmer wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing difficulies install Windows XP (German, w/ SP1) in QEMU.
The install process works fine up to the second reboot, when the
"Windows XP is starting..." screen appears, ie. when the actual
installer is finished.

I installed on a fat32 fs, overwriting an existing W98 install with the command

$qemu -fda /dev/fd0 -hda /mymnt/qemu/qdrive.img -cdrom /dev/cdrom1 -boot d -m 256 -enable-audio -user-net -pci

so perhaps the -pci option on install will help.

No, I just tried with your command line. So either it's the German Version or SP1... I'll see if I can dig up a cd w/o sp1. I also tried installing with the 'Standard PC' option instead of ACPI PC - no luck.

Jan