qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM in big endian mode?

From: Lennert Buytenhek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM in big endian mode?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:57:30 +0200

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 12:30:20PM +0100, Gianni Tedesco wrote:

> > For a project I'm working on, I would love to be able to simulate an
> > ARM in big endian mode (such as the intel xscale core).  If I try to
> > run an MSB executable on qemu current, I just get this:
> >
> > # file init
> > init: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux 2.4.3,
> > statically linked, stripped
> > # qemu-arm ./init
> > Error loading ./init
> > #
> >
> > Would it be a lot of effort to add this?
>
> Compile with TARGET_WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1 ought to do it.

That didn't go very well..

% pwd
/data/qemu/qemu_cvs/arm-user
% cat x.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
        return 0;
}
% armv5b-softfloat-linux-gcc -Wall -o x x.c -static
% file x
x: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux 2.4.3,
statically linked, not stripped
% tail -1 config.h
#define TARGET_WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
% ./qemu-arm ./x
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - exiting
%

Same binary works fine on my target board.

--L