qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:40:29 +0200

Dear friends,

Please find enclosed the link to my proposal for QEMU logo:
http://www.freeoszoo.org/img/qemu_inkscape.png
http://www.freeoszoo.org/img/qemu_inkscape.svg (source file)

An example banner is available here:
http://www.freeoszoo.org/img/qemu_gimp.png
http://www.freeoszoo.org/img/qemu_gimp.xcf (source file)

Why chose a mask?

Because QEMU can be used to mask an underlying Operating System and give
access to a Free Operating System, which are "pleasant" news. Therefore, the
mask is quite pleasant and happy.

On the other side, it is a carniaval mask. Carnivals have been used to forget
about differences in the society and find common grounds for understanding.

Any feedback appreciated.

(I wrote Fabrice too about choosing an animal. If you want something more in
the GNU mind, I can design a stylised Cheetah because QEMU is FAST).

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré