qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA screen resolution limitations?

From: Joachim Frieben
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus VGA screen resolution limitations?
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 19:31:48 +0000

I have set up Fedora Core 2 running as a QEMU guest on a Red Hat Linux 8 host and enabled the Cirrus VGA graphics emulation. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to select a screen resolution beyond 1152x768 at 16 bpp. Since the memory of the emulated graphics card is 4 MB, it should be possible to reach higher resolutions, e.g. 1280x1024 at 16 bpp, shouldn't it? Has anybody succeeded in doing this, or are there known limitations in this respect? Any helpful comment is highly welcome. Unfortunately, the QEMU documentation is pretty outdated and does not take into account recent modifications.

MSN Toolbar – kostenloser Pop-Up Blocker – Jetzt herunterladen http://toolbar.msn.de Jetzt kostenlos downloaden!