qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Clarification about qemu-fast (was segfaults in fc1)

From: Thomas Munn
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Clarification about qemu-fast (was segfaults in fc1)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:03:37 -0400

I would suggest that the documentation perhaps have large letters so people won't have to go through the hell that I did.  Basically, the "qemu-fast" patch is only for oses inside of the main os (I know it says it "guest" in docs), and NOT to be applied to main os!  You might want to include a warning so other people who aren't developers won't try applying this patch to their main kernel.  So Perhaps:

Warning:  The qemu-fast patch should NOT be applied to the "host" os, (e.g. the main os) as it will impair the functionality of qemu by causing segfaults and all kinds of other nasty stuff.  Only apply this when using linux inside of qemu-fast.

You also might want to further clarify the purposes of qemu-fast and its ilk, when not to use etc.

Just my 2ยข worth.

Thomas