qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] niggles

From: Bob Barry
Subject: [Qemu-devel] niggles
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:14:39 +0200

I'm generally amazed and impressed by qemu, but I've noticed a couple of
user-unfriendly quirks which should be eliminated:

1 - If I su to root and invoke qemu without remembering to "xhost +" first,
     the screen goes black, the keyboard is completely unresponsive, and
     I cannot go to a terminal session or kill the X-server.  Attached patch
     vi.c.ckXauth.diff causes quemu to show error and exit gracefully instead
     of locking the machine.

2 - After using qemu and exiting normally, if I try "su", I get:
        asterix:msdos> su - toor
        Password:

        su: Authentication failure
        Sorry.
     I ran "env > ~/env_before_qemu" before running a qemu session, and
     "env > ~/env_after_qemu" after exiting the session, and found the
     before and after files identical.  The host is Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.7.
     Can someone suggest how to find (and restore) what's been changed?

Thanks,

Bob Barry