qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] help porting to BF533

From: alonl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] help porting to BF533
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:24:36 +0300 (IDT)

Hi Everyone,

 I'm working on porting the qemu to the blackfin BF533, under uClinux and
uClibc. This created many problems for me which I cannot solve so I am
looking for any help I can get :)

 first of all, has anyone compiled and used qemu succesfully with uClibc
instead of glibc? if so, can you provide any information / code?

 second of all, has anyone used uClinux instead of linux for qemu? the
main difference is not lack of fork, and mmap instead of malloc, but (I
think) the use of a different binary format - bflt instead of elf. Does
anyone know how to port qemu to use bflt? the fact that qemu uses dynamic
compiling probably means I need alot of changes - can anyone point me to
what and how?

 third, what architecture specific parts are there in qemu? I found a need
to get processor ticks in one function, and two large sections which I
have no idea how to rewrite in dyngen.c. Could I possibly reuse code from
one of the other architectures? (SPARC, MK68, 386, etc.) Any help here
would be very much appreciated.

 The BF533 is a 32 bit address and 16 bit dsp processor, with RISC like
instructions and dual MACS (the DSP part isn't particularily interesting
from qemu's POV I think). Its made by Analog Devices. I am using the EZkit
for the BF533, a eval board by AD.

I'd appreciate any pointers / help,

Alon