qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VNC patch, next version

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VNC patch, next version
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:24:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

just wanted to announce the 5th version of my VNC patch at
        http://libvncserver.sf.net/qemu/qemu-rfb5.patch.gz

(I pulled the 4th version, because it had a severe keyboard bug).

What is new since the 3rd version?

- saves mouse/keyboard state (so that loadvm with a running Xwindows
  works, at least when loading the 2nd time).
- mouse does behave as expected when running Xwindows in KNOPPIX as guest
  (and should do on any Linux guest).
- introduced a mouse calibration (in a vncviewer: hit Ctrl+Shift, and
  release it).
- preliminary success with Windows 98 (for now you have to select "no
  acceleration" for the mouse; I am working on it).
- for my own convenience I introduced a "-V state_file" switch to "loadvm
  state_file". I don't insist on keeping it.

I suppose the loadvm bug is something about irq's sent at the wrong time,
because when I issue the very same command a 2nd time (after qemu ran for
a very short time), it's successful.

If you want to know how the mouse works: In Xwindows (at least the version
I have), whenever the mouse moves at least 4 pixels on either axis, the
amount on both axes is treated as if double. In Win98, it is 3 pixels, and
one axis does not influence the other. But Win98 does a little bit more,
which leads to errors, and which I am going to find out.

Ciao,
Dscho