qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: IDE issues?? (Was re: NE2000 problem found)

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: IDE issues?? (Was re: NE2000 problem found)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:15:24 +0200

Tim wrote:

> but how did you go about getting sp4 to install?

I never did. I used a slipstreamed installation (one where sp4 is already
applied to the source).

Please note I don't use COW, since it's currently not supported on Win32
host (this hasn't changed lately, has it?). Could that make a difference? I
dubt it, but it never hurts to check.

>  I read in another thread that the IDE driver shows up in
> a weird place in win2k's device manager.

This is now fixed in CVS. After Windows installs the new "secondary...",
just uninstall the legacy IDE/ESDI from the device manager.

/Mike