qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: NE2000 problem found

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: NE2000 problem found
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 04:43:57 +0200

I have now seen some pretty convincing evidence that ASIC byte-writes
*shall* be honoured, and disregard the 8/16-bit mode as specified by (dcfg &
1).

Guest: Windows 2000 sp4.

While in 16-bit mode (dcfg & 1):
- It sets EN0_RCNTLO to an odd value.
- Writes everything as 16-bit values (outw) except for the last byte.
- Writes the last byte using outb, which triggers the interrupt.

So there should be a separate ne2000_asic_ioport_writeb.

I also have good reasons to believe there should not be a matching readb
function. As a test I did implement such a function, but then I got a MAC of
52-52-54-54-00-00 :-)

/Mike