qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: NE2000 problem found

From: Mike Nordell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: NE2000 problem found
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:58:12 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Can you tell me exactly in which case you have problems with NE2000 ?

Always? :-)

On Windows 2000, running Windows 2000 sp4, -pci -cirrusvga.

It's also the thing that it seems only about every second time networking
"works", to the extent the guest actually gets a DHCP address. It seems the
slirp code is indeed getting the request, and is offering an addr, but the
response is not reaching the guest OS' IP-stack. Whether this is due to the
guests driver not even getting the interrupt from the virtual NIC, the
response frame is malformed or <whatever> I haven't yet been able to
determine. I'm still in the process of adding better tracing, to be able to
see what happens when.

After adding the asic writeb I have observed it being written with 0x43
(just a few times) and 0xff (more times), and only directly after "read
addr=0x7 val=40". I haven't yet added tracing output of rcnt for writeb, and
I don't know the significance of this, but I suspect it means something.

/Mike