qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: NE2K PCI and Windows 98SE & Cirrus Logic
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:15:05 +0100

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 09:18, Mike Nordell wrote:
> Leigh Dyer wrote:
>
> > I can also confirm that the 4Mb video RAM patch committed a couple of
> > hours ago fixes the Cirrus Logic video with Win2k - it detected the
> > card at install and seems to be running quite happily with the
> > standard driver that ships with Win2k.
>
> Ah, wonderful! I just tested and can confirm it too. No more slow VGA! :-)

I am still having problems with WinXP ... it appears to be trying to to
vram to vram color-expand pattern bitblts starting from the first byte
after the end of the current display (ie 800x600x16bit, src =
0x000ea600)
However, when I examine these bytes, they are always zero - which I
think is partly to blame for the display problems I am having.

To correct this, I have to turn off all acceleration.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>